[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Any Very High Freq. TCs?

Jim,

> Original Poster: Jim Lux <James.P.Lux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Original Poster: W Y Liu <eenwyl-at-sun.leeds.ac.uk>
> >
> > 1 Ghz signal will certainly suffer from the transmission loss
> > in air.  Well, I presume after a mile, the 1kw microwave signal from
> > the transmitter will become very small. Am I right ?
>
> The size of the beam is determined by what are essentially diffraction
> limited optics considerations. The bigger the antenna, the smaller the
> beam width can be.  But, at a mile, even with a very large (many meters)
> antenna at 1GHz, you probably won't get the power density up high enough
> to even feel warm.  BTW, your eyes are the most sensitive easily exposed
> (close to the surface) part for microwave energy, hence the warning not
> to look into a waveguide.
>

> > i have one more concern regarding the rf harzard, which i am not sure
> > and which i am still investigating. If i understand correctly from a
> > biologist,  our dna's oscillate naturally at microwave
> > frequency band and she did imply in her mail to me that dna's will be
> > likely "disintegrated" at microwave frequencies.  She also told me that
> > the microwave frequencies can potentially cause energy blockages.
>
> Most of the power is absorbed in the water in your cells. I don't know
> if DNA could be disrupted, or if that effect would even be noticeable
> before other thermal effects. There has been some research on EM
> radiation interfering with cellular metabolism (your "energy
> blockages"?), but I think it is all "in vitro" and at fairly high
> fields.

So, can you elabolate a bit more about the information on EM radiation
interfering with the cellular metabolism ?  Perhaps, if this is not the
right topic to be discussed here, could you email me privately ?

If I understand correctly from this professor, our memories are imprinted
in our blood cells, i.e. dna's, which are the biggest molecules that
resonate at microwave frequencies.   So, any leakage of high-power microwave
radiation at the "dna bandwidth" can potentially mesh up (or partially
reprogram) our memories.   I am not sure how the physical effects are, apart
from the "cooking effect" as a result of exposure to high-power microwave
radiation.  But, based on the findings of these non-engineering experts,
mental health could be a more dominant effect.

Apparently, it is very useful to find out exactly what the "dna bandwidth"
is.  I mean, if we find out the actual "dna bandwidth", we can just choose
other bands, say millimeter waves, etc, etc !

Thanks for your comments.

Louis