[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rectifier Rods

Hi Christoph,

(This is my first post to the list)

>I got some HV rectifiers. But I haven't any technical data on them. The
>label just states "TESLA KYY29/155". So far I have found that the firm
>TESLA is located in the Czech Republic. Does anybody know more?

TESLA is the manufaturer of (among other items) Teslovak Vacuum tubes,
including the highly touted E34L, a replacement for American 6CA7 types.
The plant went out of commission during the last war, but is currently back
in production. The quality ranges from very good to poor.

Are the rectifiers you mentioned of the vacuum type? If so, I can probably
cross-reference them in my literature. They may correspond to an American
industrial/transmitting type as well.

PS My interest in this list was generated by my encounter with a
vacuum-tube Tesla coil schematic online. Has anyone else experimented with
these 'gapless' types?

Thanks for the list!

Bill Layer
St.Paul, Minnesota USA
"Quantity has a quality all of it's own"