[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformer Oil (Caltron 60-30)

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, March 26, 1998 6:44 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Transformer Oil (Caltron 60-30)

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Patrick,

Not familiar with this particular brand. However, virtually all
utility-grade transformer oils used today are mineral oils that have
been specially processed. It'll have a dielectric constant of about 2.2.
As long as it's new oil and not old, oxidized, or water-ladenf it should
be perfect for your use. It should be clear and typically lightly
straw-colored. Nice catch!

-- Bert --