[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

magnifier vs. classic tc (magnifier modeling)

----------
From:  Antonio C. M. de Queiroz [SMTP:acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br]
Sent:  Thursday, March 19, 1998 11:17 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: magnifier vs. classic tc (magnifier modeling)

John Freau wrote:

> I took into account the lowering of the resonance freq by measuring
> the actual Fo on the scope, and also by resonating the sec--resonator
> combo using a generator, still the results were as shown.  Or are you
> saying that I should figure the beating period against the resonator Fo
> only, without considering the L2L3 combo frequency?

No. Your measurement procedure is correct. What I wrote is that the
increasing influence of the C2 capacitance, not considered as
important in the derivation of the magnifier-two-coils equivalence,
may cause a reduction on the observed beating period, with the k
computed from the observed beating period deviating from the k predicted
by the equivalence, and becoming closer to the k of the L1L2 transformer.
In fact, the presence of significant C2 disrupts the equivalence.

> I'll try to set up something to take a look at this...it is intriquing.

Ok. Tell us what you observe. You can try to vary C2 by adding top loads
to the secondary coil.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq