[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Where do I get Tungsten welding electrodes?

----------
From:  Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D. [SMTP:msr7-at-po.cwru.edu]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 18, 1998 4:55 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Where do I get Tungsten welding electrodes?

Hello All:
Cliff said in part:
>I noticed that you mentioned that .38 in tungsten tip rods would be good
>to use on the stationary part of a rotary gap. Is there any reason that
>they can't be used on the rotating part of the RSG?
        I have not built a rotary yet but have studied their design.  They
are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS devices, especially if you spin them up over 5000
RPM which some folks do.  The centrifigal forces make them a lethal weapon.
Perhaps one of the experienced rotary folks can step in here and discuss
design a bit.  A couple of folks on list are experienced machinists who have
built real masterpieces and understand the need for safety.  (Ed, Dave,
Richard, Bill, Greg, D.C., others step forward at this time.)
Regards,
Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.