[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Any Coilers in Adelaide or Melbourne Australia on this list?

----------
From:  Matthew Mills [SMTP:mattmills-at-mindless-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, March 16, 1998 8:29 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Any Coilers in Adelaide or Melbourne Australia on this list?

Hi I am moving to Adelaide soon and would like to be able to get in
contact with someone who lives close to Adelaide who is interested in
Tesla coiling.  It is such a lonely hobby when I am the only Tesla
coiler I have met.  Plus maybe if I could prove to my wife that I'm not
the only fool who plays around with HV electricity she might understand
my hobby a little bit better or at least accept it!!!
It would be great to get together.

Also do people know how easy it is to find materials for tesla coils in
Australia?  In New Zealand I have had such a hard time finding parts.
Neons are non-existant second hand and new ones cost $250.  Pole pigs
are impossible to get.  Capacitors are out of the question as Aluminium
foil is no longer made in New Zealand (I went to Ulrich aluminium) and
Polyethylene sheet is outrageously expensive.  Commercial ones are a
dream.  Ferrite chokes cant be found and Variacs well the 5A ones are
$900 so I would hate to hazard a guess as to the price of a 30A one (BTW
I saw a 240V 44A variac for sale on the net for $130US WOW!!!) but at
75lbs it would cost more to ship than a car!
10 inch pvc pipes are $300 and the end caps for 8 inch pvc are $90
each!!

Well Im beyond hacked off.....Im fuming this is so frustrating..I just
hope Aussie treats my hobby better.

Matt.