[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

130kW Coil Update

----------
From:  Greg Leyh [SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, March 16, 1998 6:31 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  130kW Coil Update

Hi All,

A bit of fun was had on Saturday, as I explored
the fields inside of the spherical top electrode
during operation. All's well that ends well, and
I don't appear to have been significantly altered
by the experience.  I had to resist the temptation
to reach out and touch the sinewy base of the arc
discharge however, wandering around slowly along the
outside of the sphere, about 8" from my outstretched hand.

The Fluke ScopeMeter and the Sony Mavica both appeared
to operate normally through this test.

More on what happened can be read at:

http://www.lod-dot-org/electrum/electrumstatus.html

Later on in the week I will be attempting some
measurements of the sec-to-sphere and sphere-to-arc
currents using the ScopeMeter, from inside the sphere.

-GL