[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re. A simple test system

----------
From:  Gary Lau  13-Mar-1998 1424 [SMTP:lau-at-hdecad.ENET.dec-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, March 13, 1998 1:42 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re. A simple test system

>From:  Antonio C. M. de Queiroz [SMTP:acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br]
>Hi:
>
>I want to describe a very simple method for the testing and tuning of
>Tesla coils at low power, in perfectly safe conditions:

<snip>

Is this offered as a means to determine the correct primary tap?  I
thought that a significant portion of the secondary capacitance is due to
the ion cloud about the discharge terminal, something that could not be
done at less than full power.  Hence, secondary Fres at low power would
be significantly higher than at full power, and different still for
breakout vs. non-breakout conditions.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA