[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 11, 1998 5:10 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

I have only one thing to say:

That does not happen in the real world.

> If the energy returns to the primary the gap is not quenching
> properly.

Present a photo of scoped waveforms of a system containing a gap which
can perform this trick with no breakout from the terminal and I will
be forever silent.  The most detailed investigations I have done
suggest you cannot do so. To then talk of magical voltage rises
on quenching this way smacks of armchair thinking.

IMHO,
Malcolm
<snip>