[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

130kW Coil Test Schedule

----------
From:  Greg Leyh [SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, March 09, 1998 9:54 PM
To:  Tesla List
Cc:  Jeff Mullins; TERRY LEONARD; Jim Fosse; Dave Bell; Skip Greiner; Kevin M. Conkey; Jef Raskin; Stan Harle; Alan McFarland; carrel-at-beer-dot-org; lod-at-pacbell-dot-net; ASKIT-at-aol-dot-com; Rita Roti; 105450.1161-at-compuserve-dot-com
Subject:  130kW Coil Test Schedule

Hi All,

At long last, we have a schedule for operating the coil
at full power, in a series of final tests before it is
disassembled and shipped to its final home in New Zealand.

This series of tests will be open to the general public,
although persons with pacemakers, acute medical conditions,
or freak-out tendencies should stay clear of the site.

The plan is to operate the coil _every_ night from March 11
thru March 19, with teardown starting on the 20th.  The
testing schedule may be extended by one week if weather
significantly impacts the schedule.

On each night, the first tests will begin around 8PM, with a
round of additional firings every hour, in order to accomodate
late arriving visitors.
We will operate the machine fairly late into the evening,
until either:

It begins to rain (or mist)
Something expensive breaks
Someone important complains
We all start getting tired, incapacitated, or sick from ozone

Admission is free; and since this is the _testing_ phase,
trouble-free coil operation cannot be guaranteed.  Weather
is a major factor as well, so check the Electrum status
web page (at http://209.104.221.62)before you head to the site,
or call 415.647.4960 for the latest go/no-go info on my
answering machine.

Directions and visitor information are available at:
http://209.104.221.62/electrum/electrumstatus.html

My capacities as an event coordinator are somewhat
limited, so please inform any other interested parties
not mentioned in this mailing, or local cavemen without
email, phones or cars, or anyone else who might feel
offended at not being invited.

Visitors should bring refreshments (no alcohol, see
visitor info), *and very warm clothing*.

So, if you would like to come by and see what I have wasted
the last 9 months of my life doing, I hope to see you there!

-GL