[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First U.K. Mini Teslathon - 30th May

----------
From:  Alan Sharp [SMTP:AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, March 09, 1998 6:31 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  First U.K. Mini Teslathon  - 30th May

Greetings,

I've had positive responses from Mike Harrison, Richard Craven, Greg
Hunter, and Viv Watts
so we are on for the UK's first mini Teslathon on Saturday 30th May.
At  St Ninian's Church of Scotland, Beanfield Avenue, Corby
Northamptonshire.
It has to be a Saturday - the church and I tend to be busy on Sunday!

I've a good sized church hall (badminton court).
Got lots of ribbing when I asked for it
- are we insured for that? How long will it take us to get a
new minister if you vapourize yourself? .
Getting a good earth is a problem - probably a long wire to
the lighning conductor plus a counterpoise plus a few temporary
ground rods .
We can get a reasonable black out though.
In the church hall the only equipment that could
blow is the central heating controller clock but I disconnect that.
The church is a bit away but even so I'll unplug everything and
especially disconnect the inductive loop.

I suggest as a program.

Arrive between 10.30am and 11am.
Tea coffee, setting up, 11am to 12am
Sparking 12am - 1pm.
1pm lunch - at my home unless the numbers grow.
2pm to whenever final runs, comments, dismantling.
plus sale / swap table.

It will be free unless I get inundated - then I'll ask for contributions.

other suggestions welcome.
Also let me know ASAP if anyone is planning to bring equipment
that needs more than a 13A plug.

Its free!

My thanks to Richard Hull and Ed Wingate for their
encouragement - I'ld love to attend their events -
just one little thing stops me - the Atlantic. I'm not too
worried about numbers growing (I've a very understanding
spouse though for some reason she keeps putting up
my life insurance :) but I'm only expecting 3 to 6 people
this time though I could cope with 100!

I'll be posting maps etc on my web site -

  http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/AlanSharp

Have fun,

Alan Sharp UK