[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnetron Magnets=Chokes.....

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, March 08, 1998 7:17 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Magnetron Magnets=Chokes.....

All,
      This post gives me an idea which I would welcome comments from
experts in magnetism on:

Normally in a flyback switcher, the core is operated only in one
quadrant of the B-H curve. Now suppose a pre-biased core (i.e. a
magnetized one) was worked against its magnetism. This would allow
full core utilization in a flyback design, a highly desirable feature.
Question: would applying such a reversal, even say to 1/2 way towards
reversing the magnetic field in the core cause a degradation of the
remanent magnetism?? I suppose what I'm asking is: which permanently
magnetized materials could you do this to and get away with it?

Malcolm