[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

cap explosion & rf-interference

----------
From:  solva-wijnschenk [SMTP:solva-at-xs4all.nl]
Sent:  Sunday, March 08, 1998 4:57 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  cap explosion & rf-interference

hello all,

I've had exploding caps thrice already and I don't understand why
.
I am using a ~10 KV 5 KVA transformer and a variac as powersource. RQ
gap of 4 tubings with total opening of about 1", 8 turns copper tubing
(outer diam=34 cm, inner diam = 21 cm, 7 turns), sec=2290 turns, 33,66"
windingheight, 790 m longer, 4,33"diam form), diff. toroids

No safetygaps, no RF-chokes. Caps were saltwatercaps, and last cap was a
25 kvDC 0.05 uF one. I am planning to build my own pe-caps with two
sheets of 2mm each and kitchenfoil. But will they hold???? and how come
the earlier ones failed???

Thanks Arwin