[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnifier

----------
From:  dwight duncan [SMTP:duncand-at-ccsalpha2.nrl.navy.mil]
Sent:  Thursday, March 05, 1998 6:48 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Magnifier

Hi all and Richard,

    Last month I built and ran my first magnifier of which pictures are
posted on the list.  It produced continuous 5' and frequently a 6' strike
with a 3 KW input.  I have made a few improvements and I am anxious to try
it again but I am now in the process of moving.  I need an opinion.  All of
my tank circuitry is connected with 1" braid.  As I have read it seems this
is lossy.  If I went to 1" or 2" copper straps would this improve the
output?  Also how would you deal with coronal losses at the edge of the
strips.  I suppose another alternative would be to us 1/2" dia. copper tubing.
    At the very least my rotory gap and RF transformer and power supply
seems to be working well which was as everyone knows was no easy feet.
Thanks for all of the input and any comments are welcome.

Dwight