[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Armstrong Configuration

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, March 01, 1998 5:48 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Armstrong Configuration

to: Ed

Consider "borrowing" a variable cap for a short term from a physics
research lab or a large local surplus house.  If you befriend some of the
researchers with your project you should be able to borrow one for short
term.  After testing and adjustment of your tuned circuit you can determine
the exact value required and then substitute a fixed value unit.  Perhaps
slight retuning of the primary and feedback winding will be necessary but
only for a few turns.  This technique will help you determine the exact
value you need and eliminates the cost of a large variable which is too
cumbersome to leave in your final circuit anyway due to the high potentials
on it.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net