[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rectify ac input?

----------
From:  Thomas McGahee [SMTP:tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, March 01, 1998 4:44 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Rectify ac input?

Jim,
Nope, that 120 VAC RMS when rectified will be 120V*1.414 in peak amplitude,
and will have *NO* pure DC component. It is 100% pure ripple. You will get
a DC bias ONLY when a capacitor is added. You are right about the frequency,
however. It will be 120Hz. Note that it is *not* sinusoidal once it is
full wave rectified.

Hope this helps.
Fr. Tom Mcgahee