[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

High Voltage Diodes

----------
From:  Homer Lea [SMTP:HomerLea-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, March 02, 1998 12:11 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: High Voltage Diodes

> property of high voltage rectifier diodes??? These are new diodes that
>  have not even been used in a circuit yet. All of my experiance has been
>  with the lower voltage variety. If anyone has used these type of diodes
>  before, HELP!

They are actually a bunch of diodes in series and you need a certain voltage
across each to get any current. Your ohm meter probably doesn't put out the
minimum voltage needed to get any current so you get "infinite" resistance.
You can check "which way is up" with a DC source and a light bulb.

jim heagy