[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

EMI Filter Hookup

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, June 20, 1998 9:26 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: EMI Filter Hookup

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Shaun,

That's correct... although with most filters it really doesn't matter.
These filters are most often used to block EMI from getting INTO a piece
of sensitive equipment from the AC mains. In the case of your coil,
you're trying to prevent the conducted EMI being generated by your coil
from getting back into your AC mains.

-- Bert --