[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New cap test run

----------
From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, June 15, 1998 5:46 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: New cap test run

<<
 Did you acheive your max spark-length when the arc hit the cement or was it
out
 into free space off the toroid?

 Also, did you have the double toroid configuration installed when you
acheived
 your max spark length? If so, do you know what capacitance C-top was?

 Bart

Bart,

The max spark length was out into free space, arcing to a grounded wire set at
about the same height as the toroid.  This was achieved with just the 5" x 40"
toroid.  I have only tried the two toroid set up on this coil one time and did
not have enough power to cause break out.  I don't know what capacitance C-top
will be.  I am assuming about 40 pf for the large toroid and 30 pf more for
the 5" x 33" toroid for a total of 70?

Ed Sonderman