[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Oil and Acrylic Plastics

----------
From:  Thomas McGahee [SMTP:tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, June 12, 1998 7:16 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Oil and Acrylic Plastics

I have never noticed ANY degradation of plexiglass or any other
form of acrylic with transformer oil.

The cracking of the
plexiglass is most likely due to pressure, not oil attack.

Has any coiler out there EVER noticed degradation of acrylic
based plastics due to transformer oil? If so, please
share that with the rest of us. For my part, I can say that
I have NEVER had problems with oil degrading acrylic plastics.

Hope this helps.
Fr. Tom McGahee