[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[Fwd: First Coil - No Sparks]

----------
From:  Richard Staron [SMTP:rstaron-at-aracnet-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, June 11, 1998 6:24 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  [Fwd: First Coil - No Sparks]

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Hi DJ,
the coil that you have built is almost identical to the one that I
built, however, the voltage rating of the cap is too low.  You only have
15000 volt total across your cap and my feeling is that you have already
damaged them.  Recommendation to you is to get a cap rated over
45KV at .005 ufd and the try the system.

The other point that I noticed is that you toroid is much to high above
your secondary.  I noticed a great improvement in my coil when I had the
lowest point of the toroid about an inch above the secondary.

--
Regards

Richard Staron,  VE3FAC
http://www.aracnet-dot-net/~rstaron