[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New cap test run

----------
From:  Charles Brush [SMTP:cfbrush-at-interport-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, June 11, 1998 1:27 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: New cap test run

[snip]
>I know there are several other 6.0" dia coils out there.  What kind of
>performance have you achieved?  My secondary winding length is 27.6" so I am
>getting sparks that are 2.7 times as long as the secondary.
>
>Finally happy in Spokane, Ed Sonderman

Hi Ed,

Glad to hear that your coil is cranking out those big sparks again!   As
you and I discussed last year, we have pretty similar systems.  Last Fall
With a 6" form wound to 28" (#22 double formvar) I was up to 77".  Not up
to the max you've achieved, but I'm still trying!  :-)  That coil has been
in storage for the last seven months, so I'll have to see how it performs
this summer with some tweaking.

Zap!

Charles Brush
(info on this coil below)