[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla ? coil

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, June 04, 1998 6:24 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Tesla ? coil

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Terry,

Other than it's interesting appearance, there are really few advantages.
Some disadvantages include:

1. Lower Q and broader resonance band implies lower overall
primary:secondary transfer efficiency
2. The reduced coil radius of curvature at the top makes it more
difficult to prevent premature breakout from the top of the coil.
3. The tapered coil form tends to make windings want to slip a bit,
particularly on a plastic coil form

-- Bert --