[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Output Voltages

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 04, 1998 4:30 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Output Voltages

Hi John,

No I didn't sorry. In fact I stayed well away from my workplace
where it is located. It is still on the (extensive) list of things to
do but *will* be done soon.
    Another problem I have yet to crack is that of the horribly
intermittent gap firing with the large topload. Can't wait to see
the coil with that running properly. If I can get this thing to work
OK, I'm looking at running a system at its absolute limit (real
close to no breakout). Total secondary system capacitance would be
near 38pF with half residing in the topload and a primary cap energy
of around 3J. This is promising to be a mean combination, even at
this low power level if the test firings were anything to go by.

Malcolm