[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(Bizarre) Strange Spark Phenomena

----------
From:  richard hull [SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 03, 1998 7:06 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: (Bizarre) Strange Spark Phenomena

Snip

>The right angle aspects of the small side sparks suggests to me that
>these small sparks are seeing the main trunk as a sort of ground plane,
>perhaps with energy storage within these nodes (which become
>known only by the emission of the small side sparks).  Or maybe
>there's a standing wave on the main spark trunk itself, but it would
>have to be around 200MHz to have the few inch spacing.  The coil
>runs at 500kHz.  It would be interesting if the small right angle side
>sparks themselves have small side sparks which would suggest a
>fractal nature.  I'll take a look at the spark again and report if there's
>anything interesting.
>
>John Freau
>

>John,

This notion of the vhf short standing waves was mentioned by me a possible
agent earlier in yet another post and might well be the real causitive
agent.  I believe this was referred to by Tesla in numberous places in the
CSN.  Years ago, I thought Tesla was referring the the shortwave  RF
oscillation frequency of the coil itself impressing, by induction, energy
onto things in the local vacinity.  It has only been in the last four years
that I come to understand the real shortness of these waves.  They cannot
exist without spark issuing and are most intense only when a ground path is
found!  Within an unconnected spark, in air, they would have to respond as a
true dipole or bipolar system and the half wave and not the quarter wave
would be predominant.

Richard Hull, TCBOR

I characteriszed the arc as a resonant system in and of itself.

Richard Hull