[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tanny in alliance with Satan

----------
From:  Someone [SMTP:fox-at-netunlimited-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, February 02, 1998 7:27 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Tanny in alliance with Satan

> Ive heard of "depotting" or resurecting dead trannies
> by taking out the gunk inside.  Can some one explain this to me, and
> tell me if it is worth the work, and if I could get it done in a week.
>
> Thanks to all who help and have helped.....
> Dan

  theres two things you can do you can simply melt the tar and let it
cool (recommended)
or you can melt the tar , drain it and try to take the core out and
clean it and mount it in oil etc. simply melting the tar will get rid of
any carbon tracks and if the problem is worse than that then sinking it
in oil probably wont help. get one of those "extra eyes"  standalone
heating elements and turn it on high leave the tranny on there about 3
or 4 hours then let it cool this should do it or you can put it on or in
your stove. be sure to put foil around it or put it on a cookie sheet
cause the tar might leak out. good luck