[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

UUENCODE JPG and GIF

----------
From:  gweaver [SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 25, 1998 2:14 PM
To:  Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  UUENCODE JPG and GIF

I have received about 70 jpg and gif coded files from people on the TC list
that I can not view.

What is the reason for coding these files?  I have no trouble sending or
receiving gif, jpg or zip files by email.

Some of the jpg files are made up of 5 or 6 coded email files.  How do I
decode these files?  How do I decode several files at one time to make a
complete picture?

I have a program called UNC.  If I save an email to the c:\unc directory and
call it 001.wri then convert it to 001.txt I can decode it if it is only 1
email file by typing the command line c:\unc\001.txt then enter.  That
creates a file like sparkgap.jpg that I can view with Graphic Workshop.

For the multi email files I tried the command line c:\unc\*.* but that does
not work.

I tried to copy and paste all the emails into one txt file and name it a.txt
then type the command line c:\unc\a.txt then enter but the file won't decode.

Does anyone know how this works?

Gary Weaver