[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Modeling a magnifier

----------
From:  FutureT-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 24, 1998 10:06 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Modeling a magnifier

<< snip>
> For example: If the inductance of the third coil (L3) is three times the
> inductance of the transformer secondary (L2') (reasonable?):

> k=k'/2

> A magnifier with k'=0.6 would be equivalent to a conventional coil with
> k=0.3, what still requires very fast quenching for optimal operation
> (about 3 cycles of the resonant frequency), and could have serious
insulation
> problems.   >snip>

Antonio,

In the measurements and observations that I did of the beats, the
beats corresponded to the k value between the primary and secondary
exactly.  For instance if the k between pri and sec was .4, and the
"combined" (sec and resonator in the manner you suggest  ) k was .2,
the beats were such that they agreed with a k of .4, which shows
that the system (as far as k is concerned) behaves as if the primary
was coupled only to the secondary, which apparently it is.

John Freau