[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Donner und Blitzen

----------
From:  wysock-at-ttr-dot-com [SMTP:wysock-at-ttr-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, February 23, 1998 12:46 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Donner und Blitzen

To L. Robertson,

Please take a look at my web site: www.ttr-dot-com.  There,
among other things, is a photograph, taken about 1981,
showing the discharge of an Aerovox 7.5 KJ -at- 60 KVDC
cap, being triggered by a 10 foot long streamer from my model
10 Tesla coil.  It is in the series on the web page called
"history making events."  I should have added, "Not to
be repeated ever again," [outside of a full Faraday shielded
enclosure.]  I literally "fried" all semi-conductor divices, even
though they were not in any way connected to ground or any
other external wiring (300 MHz PCM transmitters running on
9 volt batteries for a security alarm system.)  The i.c.'s in each
and every one of 21 transmitter units, scattered about the
property were reduced to "toast" in less then 5 usecs.  I also
"toasted" about 3 neighbor's appliances (very costly and
absolutely NO GOOD for any hopes of continuing neighborhood
P.R.)  This was but one, (somewhat regretably,) story to have evolved
over the years out of "R.F. Gulch!"

Bill Wysock.

> To:            "'Tesla List'" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject:       Donner und Blitzen