[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A tragic coil

----------
From:  mark [SMTP:moyson-at-tig-dot-com.au]
Sent:  Saturday, February 21, 1998 4:49 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: A tragic coil

Zuma and anyone intrested, the specs are
 Such as
>transformer, Car ignition coil aprox 10KV output
>capacitance, .01ufd
>spark gap, static type...about 6mm gaps
>primary(size,type,spacing between turns& what it is wound out of) MAde of
copper wire, 7 turns and 1\2" between turns of a cylindrical shaped prinary
that bows out at the top to stop flashover that was happening.(only visible
in the dark!

>and finally describe how your system is wired, as in what is connected
>where? Spark gap in series with primary as well as rf choke behind spark
gap and then caps in parralell with primary....as standard setup!

Mark Moyson

 This may sound like alot of trouble but believe me it will help