[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC enfeeblement (deliberate)

----------
From:  FutureT-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, February 19, 1998 9:13 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: TC enfeeblement (deliberate)

<< > This test does not of course tell us which of the above parameters
>> are causing the greatest percentage spark degradation, but it does
> > dramatically highlight the need for proper TC design and component
> > selection for optimal coil performance.

> Now some things could be individually changed. For example, replacing
> the braid in the primary with pipe. Changing the secondary for one of
> the same diameter and height (same Cself) but with a different topload
> and different inductance while maintaining an identical minimum ROC in
> the topload.
>      I am a bit loath to suggest this because of the work but it's
> something I've always wanted to do.

Malcolm, all,

Yes, I'd like to replace the braid with a pipe, or even a thick wire, but
I don't have any handy, but it's on my to-do list.

> > I suspect that if the above parameters for both the old and new coils
> > are plugged into most TC computer programs, they will fail to predict
> > the wide performance variance seen between the two coils.

> I suspect so too ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing from anyone who may have compared
the two coils using their favorite computer programs.

Regards,
John Freau