[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC RMS Conditions - was Voltage/Length etc. (fwd)

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, February 16, 1998 7:34 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: TC RMS Conditions - was Voltage/Length etc. (fwd)

 To DR. RESONANCE -

  These are inverse equations for one million volts and 49.8 inches:

     S = (KVs/65)^1.43 = (1000/65)^1.43 = 49.8 inches spark length

     KVs = 65 x S^.7 = 65 x 49.8^.7 = 1002 KVs sec voltage

  This equation was obtained by mathematical regresion methods using data
from several dozen coils. The equation is subject to change when more data
becomes available. The spark is a controlled spark length. This is a
continuous horizontal spark to ground which is shorter than the random spark
terminating to graund. The controlled spark more truly represents the
continuous watt second input enrgy into the Tesla coil.

  John Couture