[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Multi-layered Secondary HELP!!

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Monday, February 16, 1998 2:07 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Multi-layered Secondary HELP!!

Hi all,
          In reading Bert Pool's post on this subject, an interesting
idea comes to mind. We know that if you wind a two layer coil with
the windings wound in the same direction and connected in parallel it
will work whether inductively coupled to a primary or used as an
extra coil. But what about if the windings are going in the opposite
direction? Inductive coupling is going to lead to something of a
short circuit, at least near the base where coupling is highest. But
what about if it is run as an extra resonator? What properties will
it have? Probably b-all inductance. Any thoughts on this? Perhaps I
should just wind one and check it out.

Malcolm