[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: wires (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:12:54 -0700
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: wires (fwd)

to: Lilly

For small to medium coil system with 4-12 inch dia secondary coils,
insulated enameled magnet wire closewound works very good.  For 4-6 in dia
try #24-26 AWG and for 8-10 in dia use #18-22 AWG sizes.  If you are
designing a coil with 10 inch dia sec or larger then switch to 3 kV PVC
(MIL spec D) wire in gauges 14 to 18 AWG.  The PVC insulated wire
closewound works best with larger coils with 8 plus foot long sparks.  When
using magnet wire try to use 200 degree C. wire (high-temp) if possible as
the insulation is thicker and much more durable.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: wires (fwd)