[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 0.5*C*V*V vaild? (Was Output Voltages and Voltage/Length) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:23:29 -0800 (PST)
From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re:  0.5*C*V*V vaild?  (Was Output Voltages and Voltage/Length)

"> I have also noticed in PSPICE that the voltage dist
> along the sec becomes much more linear when a large
> topload is added.
> If the voltage dist along the sec is mostly linear,
> then is it reasonable to treat the sec ckt as lumped
> elements, and forget the 'antenna theory' treatment?"

	The voltage distribution along any electrically short
conductor/helical resonator / antenna will be linear.  This is
true for top-loaded vertical antennas, as any book on antenna
design describes.  The top loading on a TC is also making
it electrically short, with same effects.

Ed