[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Something's not right here!

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, February 09, 1998 12:29 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Something's not right here!

to: Pedro

When you operated the circuit without the sec coil in place the unloaded Q
of the circuit was extremely high which probably caused excessive potential
resonant rise in your primary circuit and blew your cap.  The mechanical
equivalent of this would be placed a manual transmission vehicle in neutral
and then racing the engine.  You need to always have a load connected in
the circuit, ie, the sec should be in place for all experiments.  Use a
variac to control the power and do your tuning at 20-30% before running it
full power.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net