[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nat'l Geographics

----------
From:  Greg Leyh [SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, February 05, 1998 5:39 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Nat'l Geographics

SAKonrad1 wrote:

>      Okay, so a while ago I was in this Red Cross building.  I was supposed to
> be working but there was nothing to do, so I browsed the various magazines
> they had there.  I came upon a National Geographic with some rad tc pics in
> it.  At the time I hadn't really taken an interest into building a tc, but I
> knew what one was cause a member of my favorite band has built two tc's.
>      Moving on...does anyone know what issue of Nat'l Geographic that is?

TC's have probably made it into Nat'l Geo several times,
but the two that I know of are:
The Lightning issue (1996?) where Richard Hull and the
members of the TCBOR, their laboratory, TC's and
magnifiers, and other related work are promenently featured.

The July '97 issue on page 94, where my coil is shown
zapping robots, physicists and christmas trees.

>     For those interested, my favorite band is Man or Astro-man?  Coco the
> Electronic Monkey Wizard, bass guitar player, has built two tc's.  One for
> European tours, the other to remain in the US.  If they come to your town you
> really should go see...if not for the music then for Coco's Tesla Coil display
> at the end of the show.  Visit Coco's Man or Astro-man? web page at
> http://www.astroman-dot-com

Coco, (a.k.a. Rob) has done some nice TC work, and I believe
is still on the List.  Rob has a lot of experience now with
operating TC's in hostile environments, such as those that
contain hostile stage managers and sound technicians...
You out there Rob?

-GL