[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A source for Glyptal? & secondary coating

Hi Coilers:
I just finished winding a 6" coil and coated it with a clear two-part
polymer coating named: EnviroTex Lite - pour-on high gloss finish".
Seems to be available in most hardware stores, or from the company:
Environmental Technology, Inc., PO box 365, Fields Landing, CA 95537,
(707)443-9323.  It is sold as a coating for tables, bar tops, or
decoupage.  It is crystal clear, self-leveling, and my coil looks and
feels like it is  wrapped in a thin sheet of glass.  I just kept the
coil spinning in my motorized winder and brushed in on - letting the
winder run for a few hours after the coating was applied.
Larry Fennigkoh