[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST Filter and Circuit Configuration?

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Travis Tabbal <bigboss-at-inquo-dot-net>
>
> Thanks for the comments Terry. I had located one you listed has having
> good filtering capabilities, however, the new circuit you refferenced
> seems a better choice.
>
> In regard to the ohmite resistors you mentioned. Digi-key only lists low
> values for them. 500 ohm seems the highest, your circuit recomended 5k.
> They also list them as wirewound. Am I missing something?
>
> Do the capicitors need to be anything special? I found some at a local
> supply that are rated at .02 mfd 15KV and 47pf 25KV. The first is a small
> white tube and the later looks like a ceramic disc. That's about it for
> high voltage stuff. The ceramic disc looks like the leads are close enough
> to arc though.. Do you have a source for either part?
>
> Travis

	Wire-wound resistors should be fine.  C&H Sales, in Pasadena, CA has
(or at least had a few months ago) a large supply of 5k, 50 watt WW
resistors for a couple of bucks each..  Can't find their web address
right now, but you should be able to get it through a net search.

Ed