[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3-phase current - you don't need caps or ider motors!

 Hi Bert, all:

There are two problems with the Scott connection. First, you need special
transformers. (Ok, we could wind them...). Second, you need *2* phase
power. I don't think there's any place left, at least not in the US, that
uses 2 Phase power! In a 2 phase system, the two phases are 90 deg out of
phase. This is not the same as the two hot legs in our normal single phase
system, which are 180 deg out of phase, nor the same as two phases of a 3
phase system, which are 120 deg out of phase. 2 Phase is an obsolete
(AFAIK) system that lost out to 3 phase many years ago.

Sorry,

Mike