[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier Help

Hi Dwight,
             What I'd do: first check all connections in the
secondary system thoroughly. I once obtained perfect scope tune with
a non-connection to the terminal at signal generator induced voltages
and the thing immediately went out of tune the moment I put some real
power into the circuit and an arc completed the terminal connection :(
Then, measure the principal resonant frequency of the entire
secondary system without the primary circuit being complete to get an
idea of primary tune.
     Finally, do a sig gen and scope check of primary to be sure
you've got tune with the secondary with out the secondary being
present. That should get something happening.

Malcolm