[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Off-axis primary inductance

"Boy does that bring back childhood memories! I used to wind variometers
on carboard tubes for radios I made. One thing I remember is they were
very low value inductances! and your
right it would be a bit of a nightmare trying to insulate them for over
15 KV."

	Inductance depends on the number of turns.  I have a variometer here
which has an inductance range from 3500 microhenries to 8000
microhenries.  Have made several with somewhat lower inductance.  As for
the insulation, the thing is just a couple of coils, so isn't any harder
to insulate than the TC primary or secondary.

Ws