[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3-phase current

> Original Poster: gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> If you live in a house and not an industrial park forget getting 3 phase
> power unless your rich. You can hook up 1 phase of the transformer to single
> phase at our house.  1/3 of the transformer will produce power.  Sence I
> don't know what you up to I can't say much more.

I don't know whether it's good or bad, but here in Finland we get three-phase
electricity to just about everywhere. So everything big is connected to it,
not single-phase - the max. I have in my house is 16A (230V) single-phase,
but the stove is 3*16A three-phase, for example. Of course a dirty way of
getting three-phase here is just figure out how the wall sockets are wired,
which is live and which is neutral and then just find a plug each of each
phase. The downside to this is that you don't get a lot of current in each
phase, so the max. (easy) amount of power is 3.7kW, which of course could
be tripled if I could find out how to utilize 3-phase in a TC. And I guess
that will be asking for trouble, i.e. too hard to do in a simple, low-cost
configuration.

Sam Laur