[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: AC coil resistance equation

  James, Bert, All -

  Calculating AC resistance is complex because of the many variables
involved. Engineering texts usually show graphs that have been obtained
from empirical data. One of these graphs is shown in my TC Design Manual.
The equation is

  Rac = Y Rdc
  X = sqrt(cm x khz)/24.9   Y from X/Y graph
  Rdc = DC resistance

  An example is shown in the Notebook. This is not the same R as in the
equation
   Q = 6.283 F L/Reff

  John Couture