[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dry ice on TC output terminal

From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> From: Steven Ivy <adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
> I was thinking of placing a piece of dry ice on the output terminal of
> a TC. I think that all the sparks should ionize at least some of the
> CO2 molecules streaming off the electrode and the resultant bunch of
> plasma ions might make for an interesting display. Also do you think
> this experiment might accidently produce to much poisonous CO gas and
> ozone? One other thought, if CO2 impregnated air has a lower
> dielectric strength than that of normal air then a small fan blowing
> on the apparatus might cause the discharge to fire in a prefered
> direction?
>
> Have any of you ever tried this experiment?
>
> Steven
> adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com
> Dallas Texas

Steven,

Try it out and let us know what happens. BTW, Bill Beaty has a VERY
interesting, and thus far unexplained, set of experiments that deal with
dry ice, high voltage. Invisible, high speed thread-like air streams
made up of??? - check out:
   http://www.eskimo-dot-com/~billb/weird/unusual/airthred.html

Enjoy!

-- Bert --