[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: new power transformer

to: Dwight

PT's are not current limited, ie, they do not have an inductive shunt
internally.  These require external series ballast, usually a value of
around 40-50 milliHenry to effectively limited the current and prevent core
saturation.  PT's are a great way to go for power levels similar to which
you are running.  We have one portable coil, runs on a PT at 120 VAC with
18 amps max, and produces output sparks in the 4-5 ft. long range without
requiring 220 VAC which as you mentioned is not always available.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net