[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Electroplating

> > >  If there is anyone on the list that has a chemistry background I would
> > I am a chemist. I strongly advise against your project. Not only will
it cost
> > more than it is worth even if you get satisfactory results (unlikely)
but you
> > are likely to poison yourself and your local sewage treatment plant people
> > will be extremely unhappy with the waste you create. In fact if they
catch you
> > they are likely to connect you to your Tesla coil primary. Why don't
you just
> > glue strips of aluminum foil to the wood? You could smooth the foil out
quite
> > nicely.
> >
> > jim heagy
>

>     I live in a rural area. We don't have municipal sewage, we have
> septic tanks. Also I live miles away from the source of our water
> supply. So there is little danger of water contamination. As far as
> being poisoned is concerned the processes that I intend to use will not
> involve the use of potassium cyanide, or any of the nastier chemicals
> used in plating. The only danger in the process that I'm looking at now
> is exposure to Hydrogen Sulfide gas. And I intend to take precautions to
> prevent being exposed to it.
>    The reason I wish to pursue plating as a way to make toruses is that
> I love the smooth and unblemished finish it has, and it should have a
> higher breakout voltage because you have removed all of the sharp edges
> and points.
>

>                                  Frankensteins Helper
>                                          Max

	hehehehe...if you have a septic system, I'd be veeery careful
about the kinds of heavy metals you get into it.  Never can tell what it
will do to the flora inside your tank.  Also, if you do dump this stuff
in/onto the ground, it *will* eventually reach the groundwater.

	You might end up drinking those very metal ions someday...especially
if you *also* have a well.....