[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scoped? primary

----------
From:  Ed Phillips [SMTP:evp-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, August 18, 1998 8:03 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Scoped? primary

"hi Terry, + All,

I don't think my probes will come to much harm.  At work we repair TV's
and
use just a ungrounded scope to measure the 25Kv flyback output.

I only went via 5 meg just to be on the safe side, If I hadn't I would
not
be able to see the wave as it would be to high to fit on the screen.

There's no way I'd connect it to the secondary HT, But the primary
should be
ok enough.

I was in the filed when I touched the scope lead ground, though I did
not
have the secondary in place, so I suppose that limited it a bit.  I
actaully
wrote a quick program to draw the wave, If any one wants it then I'll
upload
it to my site.  I must point out that the last few cycles are a little
wrong
but you can get the idea.

All the beST,
Chris."

Chris:

	Where can I buy (at reasonable prices) big flyback transformers such as
used in color TV's.  I want fairly hefty transformers and can't find
them listed in anything I get by mail here.

Thanks,

Ed