[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primary field strength

----------
From:  Michael Nolley [SMTP:mhnolley-at-willamette.edu]
Sent:  Friday, August 14, 1998 6:34 PM
To:  Tesla List
Cc:  'Tesla List'
Subject:  Re: Primary field strength

Hehehehehehe....  You're a bit what? Thick?
	Sorry, Chris, I'm not experienced enough to give you all the help
you need, but I think that as the height/inductance and self-capacitance
of the coil increases, the size of the bangs would have to increase as
well in order to make it ring.  Just because the field grows large
without the sec. doesn't mean that it will effectively drive it once it
is put in... Can't very well make the Liberty Bell ring with a toothpick....
	Good luck to you BTW.
			Mike