[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Miller Tungsten Pads

----------
From:  bob golding [SMTP:yubba-at-clara-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, August 15, 1998 6:01 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Miller Tungsten Pads

At 23:45 14/08/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The p/n is Miller 020603, listed as "Point, spark gap".  Any welding
>store should have or can get them.   About $6/ea.  Steel bar, 1/2
>diameter with a 3/8 diameter by 1/16 tungsten disk brazed to one end.
>
>The steel rod is meant to be clamped into an extruded aluminum heatsink,
>which you can also buy for $10.  p/n MILLER 020622.  The base of this
>extrusion is flat and could be bolted down to some convenient surface
>much more easily than the steel contact bar.
>
>I drilled/tapped a hole in the back of each contact bar for the purpose
>of attaching my heavy primary wiring...
>
>Finally - there is even a neat ceramic base with recessed screw mounts
>for holding up to four of the heatsinks - p/n 095621 for $5 or so.

Hi all
	I just checked the UK price for the miller eletrodes and bases. The
electrodes are about 18 dollars each. If anyone on the list living in  the
USA would be willing to send me 4 I am sure that even with the postage and
VAT (sales tax) it would still be worth while. Please let me know off list.

many thanks.

bob golding lightning without rain

bob yubba-at-clara-dot-net